Gamebooks & Goonies
A downloadable game
Gamebooks & Goonies is an RPG rule system for gamebooks, CYOA and similar. It's mainly designed for single-player computer games, but still described in terms of real dice and the like. It's also a very small game of only 1000 words.
The rules belong in the 2d6 family, meaning all rolls use just a pair of six-sided dice, with modifiers.
- Game structure
- Success and failure
- Character creation
- Spell examples
- Rest and healing
- Character advancement
- overhaul magic system
- roll to prepare spells in advance like in Battles & Balances
- add ability to prepare the same spell multiple times
- replace spell level system with easy / medium / hard difficulty
- add advantage system for rolls, to allow for buffs and debuffs
- make Grace actively useful in combat (see above)
- add rule for when a tie is rolled in combat
- add median roll system for long-running tasks
Credits and license
Gamebooks & Goonies is a hack of Tunnel Goons, by Nate Treme, and offered under a similar Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.